Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No more winner-takes-all electorate


Dear Friends and Family,

I'm sending this to you since I think you might be sympathetic to my "cause".  Sorry if this seems like spam but I tried to be selective in who I sent this to (no church member lists).

I decided to take personal action while I'm still motivated.  I'm tired of my vote not counting in California since I am a political minority.  55 electors is too big a chunk to hand over to one party, so I think it should be split up.  Why should Ohio or Florida have so much sway?

That's why I created a petition to The California State House, The California State Senate, and Governor Jerry Brown, which says:

"My state should no longer use a winner-takes-all assignment of electors but should instead use a proportional elector allocation for national elections."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://signon.org/sign/no-more-winner-takes?source=c.em.mt&r_by=5906874

Hopefully you can share with your networks.

Thanks!

Ron Carter

P.S. I saw an interview on C-Span on how moveon.org has become a strong political force, so I decided to use their petition generation to push my cause.  Fight fire with fire.

No comments: