Here's a summary:
- I've lived in California my whole life and I'm frankly scared for its future.
- I'm surprisingly voting mostly for incumbents at the local level.
- Our city is not in debt.
- I've met the mayor and I like him. I also trust him.
- I like our cities development plan: the new parks are beautiful and I like the businesses that have come here.
- The schools have continually been improving (at least their test scores). The incumbents on the school board have lived here over 35 years and raised their kid's here.
The enormous power in Sacramento that resulted from such a great state as California has resulted in greed, corruption and enormous debt.
The limited power at the local level allows civic minded people to act responsibly.