Friday, September 7, 2012

I'd Rather Live in America, Part 2

Once again, the Pakistanis have shown religious intolerance by putting a young Christian girl in jail for blasphemy.  According to some reports, she suffers from Down Syndrome and is somewhere between 11 and 14 years old.  She is in the same jail as the convicted killer of the local governor (see my post here about that case).

The local Imam "encouraged local people to evict the child’s family from the area" after Friday prayers.  The land mafia also wanted to expel the Christian community from the area.  People don't like to have their religion criticized.

I'm not sure what the girl said that was blasphemous, but if I did know, I wouldn't tell you because then I would be committing blasphemy myself.

http://dawn.com/2012/09/08/christian-girl-facing-blasphemy-charge-gets-bail/

Update October 9, 2012
The Taliban shot a teenage girl who was advocating for girls' rights to an education.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/taliban-says-it-shot-infidel-pakistani-teen-for-advocating-girls-rights/2012/10/09/29715632-1214-11e2-9a39-1f5a7f6fe945_story.html


No comments: