Sunday, July 11, 2010

Two Bombs Hit World Cup

I happened to watch the finals today. I haven't had a chance to watch much, of the World Cup, but I've seen the excitement surrounding the event.  This evening, I just read the news about bombs going off during the World Cup (link).  After reading some of the comments, I felt like responding.

First, many of the comments were quick to demonize Muslims.  If all of the approximately 1 billion Muslims were dangerous terrorist, then we would be much worse off than we currently are.  If the people responsible were Muslim, then they are a fringe group.

Some or the comments drew comparisons to NATO actions in Afghanistan and Iraq.  There is a difference between targeting innocent people and targeting dangerous people.  I'm just glad that I don't have to make the decision to pull the trigger when the dangerous people hide amongst the innocent.

Finally, my heart goes out anyone effected in anyway by this terrorist attack.

No comments: