- I liked the idea of having the Democrat and Republican members of Congress sit together. I had heard some partisan comments before about "why didn't Democrats didn't suggest doing it when the Republicans were in the minority?", but I think it was a great gesture no matter who suggested it or how long it took them to think of it. It was much better than watching half the room sit during a standing ovation.
- I think that the election in November helped remind Congress and the President who they work for. I sensed a much more civil tone from the President and Paul Ryan. They must have read my post on civility
- I was pleased to see more attention being focused on the economy. Obama and Ryan must have seen the Economic Headlines that I posted.
- I was impressed that in his Republican rebuttal, Paul Ryan acknowledged that both parties are responsible for our enormous federal deficit. He must have read my post Civility, Debt and Partisanship.
- I'm VERY glad that I'm just a blogger and I don't have the actual burden of trying to fix the problems we have.
How to be More Productive
1 day ago