Monday, September 13, 2010

Kagan-Obama Connection

Updated 9/14/2010 (Thanks to my friend Laura B.):
Apparently I was duped by the Kagan-Obama Connection story.  I'm usually better at filtering info.  To my credit, I didn't fall for the Kenyan Birth Certificate story (see below).  I was tempted to delete the rest of this posting, but have left it as is.

Original:
This post is from what I like to call "the underground blogosphere", which is basically forwarded emails. You never know where they come from, and most of the time they can be easily debunked. I thought this was actually noteworthy since it included links to a valid source: the Supreme Court Docket website.


I mentioned this connection between Obama and Elena Kagan to my neighbor and he said (playing devil's advocate) "So what?".  My simple answer is that in a true separation between the Executive and Judicial branches of government, I would prefer that the latest appointment to the Supreme Court not be quite so cozy with the sitting President.  To be fair, I should probably research any similar connections between Bush and his appointments.


BTW, I believe the Kenyan Birth Certificate is fake.  You don't put $5000 on the counter and say "Give me Barack Obama's Birth Certificate".  I'm still waiting for someone to do this and get his birth certificate from several different hospitals.


The rest of this posting was copied from an email:


PAYBACK TIME FOR ELENA KAGAN?? 
I’ll bet you thought that Snopes never lied!!
Can they be trusted from now on???  I don’t think so!!   Pass this around, share the light!
The Supreme Court sites don’t lie……!  At least for now we should be able to trust that site, don’t you think?
Nice to see that others are finally beginning to realize that snopes.com cannot always be trusted.
Why wouldn't we think that the corruption is rampant in this administration?
I went to Snopes to check this out and they said it was false and there were no such dockets so I googled the supreme court, typed in Obama/Kagan and guess what?   Yep, you  got it.    Snopes lied.   Everyone of those dockets are there.  So here is what I wrote Snopes:
WND article about Elena Kagan and Barak Obama dockets.  The information you have posted stating that there were no such cases as claimed by WND and the examples you gave are blatantly false.  I went directly to the  Supreme courts website, typed in Obama Kagan and immediately came up with all of the dockets that WND made reference too.    I have long suspected that you really slant things but this was really shocking!
Thank you.
Kagan was representing Obama in all the petitions to prove his citizenship. Now she may help rule on them.
             Folks, this is really ugly. 
Chicago Politics, and the beat goes on and on and on...
Once again the Senate sold us out.  Someone has figured out why Obama nominated  Elena Kagan for the Supreme Court.... Pull up the Supreme Courts website, go to the docket and search for Obama.  She was the Solicitor General for all the suits against him filed with the Supreme Court to show proof of natural born citizenship.  He owed her big time.  All of the requests were denied of course. They were never heard. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it?
The American people mean nothing any longer.. It's all about payback time for those that compromised themselves to elect someone that really has no true right to even be there.  We should be getting so sick of all of this nonsense.
Here are some websites of the Supreme Court Docket:  You can look up these hearings and guess what?
Elena Kagan is the attorney representing Obama!!!
Check out these examples:
http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-8857.htm
http://www.supremecourt.gov/:wbr>Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-6790.htm
http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-724.htm
http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/08-10382.htm


No comments: